Friday, January 16, 2009

Sleep-aholic

So Jessi had to go and give me a damn Blog Bunny, and here I am. They say the first step is to admit you have a problem. 

1. I, Sandra Drag, have a problem. 

... with sleeping. It's my addiction. It's horrible. 

I wake up in the morning- I know I've had enough, but I just can't bring myself to stop there. No, I have to roll over and have MORE! Completely pointless, wasteful, and makes me even MORE tired during the day I think. Okay, so step two is... 

So the first step is actually "admitt[ing] we [are] powerless over our addiction"... which I don't fly with. Mind over body anyone? I really don't want this to turn into a discussion about things... that we in my philosophy class shy away from. I think I'll stick with mine. In that case, screw the second step. 

But the thing is, with my best friend two hours away, school two thousand miles away and everyone else in school and such... why the hell should I wake up in the morning? I'm most productive at night (curse you testing centre essays!) and during the day I have nothing to do, no muse to feed off, no motivation to get up. I spend as much time with my parents as I can (Wednesday I got up at NINE! That's love and dedication right there)- so I could hang out with my Mom and run errands and stuff with her. 

And I'm sorry Peter, no, I am not going to get up at 10 for you so I can WALK with you to the liquor store... still can't believe he walked... why the hell did I think he had the car, and where the hell did I think he got it from? (a testament to how out of it/tired I really was). 

Oh! Now I remember the reason for this post! Haha, I ramble a lot, don't I ;) 

I've forgotten it... Oh... No... Damnit. 

Yes. 

I also got up at nine sometimes so that Mere could come over and we could watch as much Himym in before she had to leave, as we could. And I remember saying to her- I miss being so exhausted that I daydream of my bed and actually begin seriously considering carrying around a photograph of it. I miss having absolutely no time to myself; like, at times it was just crazy. I got up in the morning, left for school at like, 8 15, was in the theatre all day working on whatever, had field hockey/rehearsal after school, had hockey/show after that. There were times in grade 10 that I left the house at 7 (stupid bus) and got home maybe 10ish? 11ish? It was insane. 

And I miss that. I miss feeling productive. Being part of a team. Being busy and being constantly on the move. My lunches were awesome cause they had to keep me going all day. Yeah, I ate a whole bag of crackers or a half a baguette- but that energy kept me going. 

I miss it. 

I want it back.

F*ck you and your strike York. 

... please accept me next year. 

>>>>  I'm the kind of person who won't get a job because she doesn't want to quit in a week. I can't do that to someone. 

>>>> I've never really understood the phrase "Dutch girl with her finger in the dam." Now I do. And I hate it. 

I need to get up in six hours... but I'll probably end up writing instead. 

Wurd.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I definitely know what you mean about missing feeling busy and day dreaming about your bed and such. I have so much time here, but I spend it doing nothing...I don't do my homework cause I have so much time that I just think I'll do it later. That's why I'm sad musical theater hasn't gone on for the past weeks cause when I'm there I feel like I have something to work towards that's not school. And I feel like I'm a part of a group. That's also why I really want a job, I have more than enough money in the bank to get through the next semester and just work in the summer, but I want a task, I want something filling up my time. I feel so useless and not productive. ugh. miss you.
<3