Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Pseudo-18th ME!!!

My mom decided that today would be my 18th birthday day with her and my dad 'cause I'm not going to be in Calgary for it. We got up at eight (went to sleep at like... what was it, four? quarter after?), ate, got ready (I was miraculously awake) and went to Banff. The plan was to go to the hot springs there, but we ended up walking around a bit first, and then going to eat. Went to this greek restaurant which was awesome and then went up to the hot springs... which was a bust. There were so many people crammed into that little pool. I mean, if I really wanted to go, they would've gone, but it would've been awkward and uncomfortable so we came back home instead. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in the car listening to The Last Five Years, which is AWESOME!! and then we watching Righteous Kill (not a rip-off of The Poet, thankfully. Was shaping up that way initially) and now they're sleeping and I'm up doing the predictable. I'm going to miss them a whole fucking lot. 

I can't wait till Thursday, I need to talk to someone cause I'm going to burst. It's building up inside and it's driving me crazy. And it's not even... there's something to be said about the dish and the spoon. But I can't wait, cause it's going to be awesome. 

Also- not looking forward to Thursday. Which leads nicely to the 'Doogie' portion of this post:

>>>> Four hours isn't long enough to prepare for four months. Numbers are a science; feelings are a nuisance... but they're also kinda the greatest things in the world. 

 - - - - - 

And, in the spirit of discovering something new about yourself everyday; apparently now I get car sick. And I like running. I was running on the treadmill today and it felt good. I feel good now. I think I might start going running. 

I'm also playing around with the idea of going camping this summer with a bunch of friends. I love going camping, but my family can't cause of my Mom's bad back, and I'm old enough now, so why not exploit that? 

Sand*i* peace-ing out...

and failing at not making a lot of noise...

parents totally going to wake soon...


2 comments:

Tamara said...

What's on thursday that you're so excited for? Going back to York? Why is that something you need to talk to someone about? I'm so confused lol

Tamara said...

ps- camping would be phenomenal!