Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The ^'s of Being Intolerable to Hot

So I was making myself some tea, cause, you know, yum! and somehow when I picked up (isn't it pathetic that I can't remember even though it literally happened... three minutes ago?) or I moved or something, it SPILT ALL OVER MY BLOODY HAND! 

Which was, okay, ow, but when I went to get some napkins (from my newly organized napkin cup) I looked over, and I swear, the tea cup has never looked as innocent as it did then, sitting over there on the dresser, surrounded by water, tea paper attached to the bag saturated... it BURNED ME! and it's got the nerve to be smug/innocence/not at all repentant of what'd it done to me!!

And then I realized that I (and I guess we, as a society/the global world) put too much blame on inanimate objects. Think about it, how many times have you said, "Stupid pencil, breaking!" or "Stupid shoes getting wet" or... I don't know. But I know what I mean :) 

Good thing I didn't let it boil all the way or I'd have more than slightly redder, mildly irritated skin right now...

No comments: