Sunday, December 14, 2008

Not Alive

It’s not alive, it’s not alive, it’s not alive. 
It’s not alive ‘cause it’s a rock, it’s not alive. 
But it’s my friend and so I wish it were alive. 
But it’s not ‘cause it’s a rock, it’s not alive. 


My friend Daniel, in grade 9 or something, made up that song (maybe with help from Lauren and Tiff? I’m not sure, I can’t really remember). It was about his (fictional) pet rock that he wished was alive, but wasn’t. I’m not sure if that’s the exact song, but it’s close enough. We used to have a lot of fun with it. I think. The sad thing is that I can’t really ask him, ‘cause we don’t talk anymore. I mean, we had a really big falling out during the summer between Jr. high and high school, and I took initiative to make mends with him last summer or something like that. We’re facebook friends, but that doesn’t really mean much in this day and age. It’s just sad that someone who used to be such a big part of my life no longer is. 

There’s another person who used to be a big part of my life too, and I thought that she would stick, but she hasn’t. Didn’t. Whatever. That one was bound to happen anyways. 

And now there’s three (four) that pretty much sum up my life (other than my family) at the moment. And I hope they stick, 'cause I'm pretty fond of each of them.

So, my question is this: 

When do you start finding the constants in your life?

1 comment:

Tamara said...

It always sucks to lose friends you thought were there to stay. And I don't really think it's a matter of when, but a matter of who. You can find constants at 3, at 17, at 58, at any age and time, it just depends on who they are that determines if they're constants or not. Did that make any sense??
<3