So, as T kindly pointed out, there was no number six. I was aware of that at the time. That's all I really know about the reasoning behind the omission. Oh, get this- my mom seems to think I went to sleep at 2:30 last night, and that she would appreciate if I went to sleep earlier tonight... yeah, cause 2:30 was more like 5:00 and earlier tonight will be... well, earlier tonight. As in within the next hour. Which I think is pretty decent. Because T's decided to be a bum and go to sleep early because she has, sarcastic quote unquote, finals. Phhf. (Good Luck!! You'll do great :D)
Anyhow, as I've already gushed to Breezy and Meredith about NPH and my hopeless addiction to him, Barney, and all things him and Barney, I'd like to say this:
In one of the first episodes of How I Met Your Mother, Ted talks about walking in on a goat in his apartment on his 30th birthday. He doesn't say anything more than that, other than we'll learn about it when the time comes.
Now, in my opinion there are two kinds of foreshadowing. Good kind and bad kind. The bad kind of foreshadowing is something like the 'monster' in Lost. Something that's made out to be so epic there's no way it can live up to its name. This goat is, in my opinion, the good kind. They haven't risen expectations beyond what they can possibly achieve- it's not mentioned with enough zeal and it's not mentioned frequently enough (although when it is mentioned, it's with a certain amount of ambiguity that makes it all the more intriguing). At this point, almost any explanation that involves a goat is something I'm going to love. And well... it's HIMYM. And The Barnacle. And NPH. 'nuff said.
So, the conclusion of this little ramble is this.
Go see "This is a Test" and "Actors Nightmare" at Bishop Carroll this week cause they'll make you laugh.
... and also, HIMYM writers are the masters of foreshadowing.
Word.
Also- I love my friends. I have no idea why I deserve them, but I love them and they're there for me, and that's all I care about.
1 comment:
hahaha when I read the first little bit I was like "geez Sandra, I thought you were supposed to be my final exam pep squad, not sarcastically commenting about them"... but then I kept reading and laughed...apparently my one person pep squad is still at work :) <3
I totally forgot about the goat thing!!! That was hilarious! Yes Himym is great at the fine art of foreshadow :)
You do deserve your friends, immensely!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment