I just wanted to share some icons I made... I think I've officially found a new hobby! They're all (all three! of them...) HIMYM, obviously, and they're made from screenshots of "How Lily Stole Christmas" 2x11. I'll probably be adding more... Maybe I should get LiveJournal...



Yeah... so that's how that's going.
How the heck did New Years get so busy?! I mean, last year I was with Matt (by the way, I now know waaaay too many Matt's...) and we had a nice calm night together. It was really actually sweet, considering that was the day we exchanged gifts. It's funny how skewed your perception of events gets over longer periods of time. Hm... I would how accurate autobiography's are. I mean, I read "Without You" by Anthony Rapp, and that was pretty awesome, and came off as amazingly honest. He shared everything- I don't think I'd be able to do that, and then sell it for other people to read. Everyone who reads his book now know the things he's done. I remember seeing somewhere that writing the book gave him a good kind of closure, but I wouldn't be able to do that. I don't like sharing myself with people.
On a completely different note (so this note did turn into more than just icons-galore!!), I've become a musical theatre snob. Seriously. Dress rehearsal for the fall show I sat down in the back to play some guitar with Nick Nick, and this random girl (probably grade 10) comes along. I mean, I bet she's the nicest person in the world, but she asked me what kind of music I listened to so I told her musicals. She asked what kind of musicals I liked and I told her Rent (naturally), Wicked (my debut), [title of show] (more people need to listen to this), and I went on, finally saying that I also enjoyed Sondheim's stuff (I'd just discovered Evening Primrose with NPH... mmm NPH...) (NPH... yea...) (What was I talking about? Heehe.) but that I found it a tab bit frustrating how everything he writes... sounds... the same. It's so obvious when you're listening to Sondheim. Not saying that he's not amazing. The dude's a genius. I can definitely appreciate the awesomeness of his lyrics and music, it just gets a little frustrating at times, is all. (NPH was in Assassins... which was Sondheim... NPH has done a lot of Sondheim stuff...)
Anyhow. I ask the girl what kind of musicals she likes and she says that she loves Danny Elfman.
... ... dot dot dot ... ... (get my drift?)
I'm sitting there wondering who the hell Danny Elfman is, and why he sounds so familiar when she explains that he's the one who does the score (and lyrics?) for Nightmare Before Christmas and The Corpse Bride (is that the title?). Now, Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing. Completely and utterly amazing. It's a wonderful piece of work, and I'm in awe of all those who were involved with it, at the very least of their patience. Do you realize how much work went into that? I think very few people can comprehend just how monumental that masterpiece is. But yeah. Danny Elfman, while good, is not exactly the response I was looking for.
Conclusion? I'm a musical theatre snob. Wurd.
Sparky out.
No comments:
Post a Comment