Friday, November 21, 2008

Don't go away, I'm needy!

Give the gifts that mean the most this holiday season, 

not just the ones that cost a lot. 

 - - - - -

Because Christmas has become material, and that's the way that our society views it. But it doesn't have to be. I know there are some people out there that I have no idea what to get. Some people I can only thing of sentimental shit. Some people I can only think of material shit. Rest assure that there's some sort of meaning behind the stuff I'm giving out, but I'm going to try and not feel weighted down by the dollar signs. If some thing's expensive and I think you'd like it, I'll get it. If it's not quite as expensive as someone elses', oh well. 

Anyways, this was brought on 'cause I figured out the most kick-ass present for one of the most important people in my life who's so fricken hard to shop for. 

And on another note, but really, a directly related one- I saw a TY in this store today, and it was exactly the same as the huskey I own. Now, I love this dog. He/She is amazing. Don't let the fact that I don't know its gender or the fact it doesn't have a name mislead you. The night before Halloween I decided to drink more than enough, and as my friends were putting me to bed I apparently cried out for 'my doggie!', which I vaguely remember after my roommate told me the story. At night I either use it as a pillow or cuddle up with it, and in the mornings, when the sun is streaming in through the thread-thin curtians, it acts as a sleeping mask and covers my eyes. It goes absolutely everywhere with me. 

The huskey at the store was all new and plushy and looked nothing like my ratty, bedridden, deranged pup. But I like it that way. Cause if my friends handed me that pure-bred look-a-like I would've shoved it right back into their face (or started crying). My pup's mine because of the memories I have with it and what it means to me. It was bought originally for my friends birthday, but I decided to keep it for myself. I'm an amazing friend, aren't I? But seriously- that dog's mine and I love it even though it's made from the same stuff that that other dog shiny dog was, even though it came from the same factory and probably costs about the same.

My goal this Christmas? Give someone their own doggie.

P.S. I got the CD to [title of show] which is an amazing musical. It's about two guys who are writing a play about two guys writing a play. Hellz YEAH I love it! "Don't go away, I'm needy!" is currently my favorite line... 

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I know what you mean about the dog, my stuffed dog Beethoven is super ratty a squished flat and everything, but i've had him for 17 years and if anyone tried to replace him with a new version i would not stand for it!
<3 love you